If you are looking for a washing machine for your renters, that could be very confusing because many options are on the market. For making it easier for you to choose, we have come up with 11 tips to consider before buying apart from price, so rather than focusing on price, these are some tips you must know.
Let’s have a look!
Best Tips For Buying The Best Washing Machine For Rental Properties
Follow these tips to buy a washing machine for your rental property which you can also list on Airbnb as a host. But do you know some Airbnb owners’ mistakes in pricing strategy when listing their rental property?
01. Choosing A Brand
Choosing a brand will benefit you, and a reliable brand doesn’t require as much maintenance as local ones. A perfect brand will provide you with quality services and won’t be troubling, and some brands are more trustworthy.
- Choose long-lasting brands.
- Note the size of the drum. It’s the amount of load you can put in a standard domestic washing machine; popular drum sizes are 8 to 9 kilograms.
02. Go For Used Appliance
You don’t need to buy new ones if you do not have them for your personal use. It’s better to go for a used one, as you don’t know how your renters will handle it. Secondly, if they are careless users, it will cost you a lot of repairs.
- Are you going to buy a used machine? Make your mind first that it will have a lot of issues and will need repairing timely. If you are going for use, then consider having a branded one. It will be more challenging than usuals.
- Make sure the appliance is not leaking and was handled with care by the previous owner. Buy it from someone reliable who has already tested it electrically.
- By the way, you can also learn the ways to save $10,000 a month.
03. Look For Someone Expert In Installing Machines
Primarily the company from which you buy the machine offers you the installation, but we suggest you hire someone from your local area. Make sure that the person is reliable and has expertise in installing machinery of your kind.
- If you are not trained, never try to do it yourself. Inn-keepers are responsible for the safety of their renters.
- Go for experts because if you do it yourself and someone gets hurt on your property due to your carelessness, it will be all on your shoulders.
04. Set A Budget
Save some money from rents and set a handsome amount to spend on your machine maintenance and to pay for washer and dryers as well as any sort of repair and replacement if needed. Also, take a look at our sample budget for a family of 5.
- If the machine is coin-operated, then it could be very interesting as you will be able to get in much money that would help you cope with your repairing and general bills.
- If your appliance is for rent and you want them to be responsible for maintenance and repairs, then make sure to quote it properly in the agreement of renting.
05. Set Low Rent For Usage
Renter usually would like to pay the rent according to the area of your property and won’t expect high-end appliances. If the washing machine or any device you are providing is cheap and is of a low model, they are expected to be paying high for its usage.
- No one likes to spend too much money if the thing isn’t worth it.
- Make your tenant pay the water and power bills as they are responsible for fair usage.
06. Check Evenly For Damage
If you are giving your renter a washing machine, make sure you have proper proof of its well-being as it is a costly part of your property. Renter might not let know of damages caused by them. So, it’s likely to be your responsibility to make a check often.
- Mark it in bold words that you or anyone set by you as guardian of your property will come for inspection after every 6 to 7 one and send a notice before visiting as per local laws.
- Make a record for yourself by taking a picture of the proof and claimant in case you need it in the future.
- People are careless when using it if it’s not their personal property, but that’s yours, so make sure you don’t waste your money.
07. Be Ready To Spend On Repairs
Primarily if washers are adequately maintained, they do not need much repairing, but if any misery happens, be ready to face it.
- Most parts of washing machines are affordable to buy. But hiring an expert to highlight the issue will not cost much, and if the problem is not worth considering, don’t just repair it.
- Maintaining some good habits could be helpful and may help you get rid of frequent repairing.
08. Choose A Machine That Fit Your Area And Lifespan:
Calculate your area and consider a machine of its size. Make sure you have the floor strong enough to carry the load and match your lifestyle and expenses.
- Go for the machine that matches your renter requirements. If they have a big family go for a high dimension machine.
- Consider the design and model of your house while choosing the machine.
09. Initiate A Laundry Area:
For rental property, it is ideal to set a place for laundry accessible to all the renters if the property is allotted to different families.
- Check the area has the proper arrangement for proper washing machine installation.
- Consider the laundry room as we lit the area, so your renter doesn’t freak out while working.
- Consider setting the area close to the elevator or stairs. It would be easy for renters to carry clothes.
10. Go For Coin Washing Machine:
An ingenious way to recollect your investment immediately is by installing a coin-operated washing machine. They are very beneficial if you have property underuse of different renters.
- It will charge every user whenever they use the machine and will indirectly lead them to avoid over-usage.
- You can also get coin-machines at payment plans if you can’t buy them right.
11. Remember Rent To Own Is Costly Than Buying Hand To Hand
Before renting a washing machine, make sure you are well aware of the renting and payment terms. Usually, they are monthly divided and are often extended to several months.
- Sometimes renting a machine before is good in your interest because you might want to check and get comfortable with the model before buying.
- Go through your rental contract properly in case you have been charged an extra amount for delivery, installation, or the fee you are legally responsible for paying in case of damage.
Property owners are not generally forced to install washing machines but renters these days likely want to see one in their rented apartment or property.
The washing machine can be a hectic appliance for the landlord because it’s an expensive appliance, and if it’s in use by a big family or multiple families it needs to be reliable, the one that doesn’t break on a daily basis. Renters should use them carefully and adequately.