To ensure that your project looks its best on our platform, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Images should be in JPEG or PNG format and no larger than 10 MB in size. Freelancer vs Upwork: Detailed Comparison + Infographics
- We recommend using images with a 4:3 aspect ratio and a maximum size of 4000 pixels in width or height.
- To ensure that your image looks sharp in the Project Catalog, it should be optimized for a ratio of 1000×750 pixels.
- Adding a video can help you showcase your skills and services. Videos should be no longer than 60 seconds and no larger than 100 MB in size. We recommend including audio narration in English, unless you are offering non-English services.
- Videos should be uploaded in MP4 format only. Fiverr VS Upwork: 20 Pros & Cons For Freelancer [Table]
Please avoid using low-quality images or video, clickbait-type images or videos, text-heavy images, or images with contact information. Also, refrain from using poorly cropped images, watermarked images, logos other than your own, or images that are unrelated to your services or skills.
Finally, keep in mind that you can add up to 20 images to each project and one video. Once added, images cannot be reordered, so take care in adding them in the desired order. You can also choose to use your video as the cover image for your project.
10 tips to make upwork gig image
- Keep it simple: Use a clear, simple image that represents your services and skills. Avoid clutter and distractions in the background.
- Use high-quality images: Make sure the image you use is high-quality, sharp, and well-lit. Avoid using low-resolution or blurry images.
- Use the correct dimensions: Upwork recommends using images with a 4:3 aspect ratio and no larger than 4000 pixels in width or height.
- Test image sharpness: Check that your image looks sharp when resized to 1000×750 pixels, as this is how it will appear in the Project Catalog.
- Use bright colors: Bright, eye-catching colors can help your gig image stand out from the crowd.
- Add your logo: Including your logo in your gig image can help reinforce your brand and make your services more memorable.
- Show yourself: If you offer services that require your physical presence, such as photography or video editing, consider using a photo of yourself in your gig image to show clients who they will be working with.
- Avoid text-heavy images: Keep in mind that your gig image will be viewed on both desktop and mobile devices, so avoid using images with too much text.
- Avoid watermarks and other logos: Only use your own logo in your gig image, and avoid adding watermarks or other logos.
- Keep it relevant: Ensure that your gig image is directly related to the services you offer. Avoid using images that are unrelated or misleading.
By following these tips, you can create a gig image that effectively showcases your services and attracts potential clients to your profile.