Amazon is one of the largest retailers in the world. In the US alone, it is responsible for nearly 40% of all online sales.
Anyone can access a share of its profits – all you need to do to get started is have a website or a social media presence and sign-up for the Amazon Affiliate Program.
Amazon’s affiliate program is an affiliate marketing program. Users place links to Amazon products (e.g., books) on their website, blog, or social media accounts. When customers make purchases via these links, the user earns commissions.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing programs are basically arrangements in which a website owner gets paid by another website owner for sending visitors to the other website.
Affiliate sites link back to the source website and get paid according to the program’s terms. Amazon’s affiliate program, for example, pays affiliates according to how many people they send to Amazon and then buy something there within 24 hours.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to promote your business online. You can use this method to grow your business without spending much money. This method allows you to market your products or services to people who might be interested in them.
How It Works?
Affiliates are people who help other businesses by promoting products. They get paid if someone buys something after being recommended by them. Affiliate programs are often used by big companies to promote their products.
For example, you may be asked to join an affiliate program for a company selling clothes.
You could then advertise the clothing online by recommending it to your friends. When someone clicks on your link and purchases the product, you get a commission.
- Pay per click is when you get paid if someone clicks your ad.
- Pay per lead is when you get paid after someone signs up for something.
How Does Amazon’s Affiliate Program Work?
Amazon Associates is basically a referral program that pays commissions to referring websites. When you send customers to Amazon via links on your website, you earn a percentage of the sale price of whatever they buy within the next 24 hours.
The commission rates vary based on what kind of product a customer buys. See the table below to find out how much Amazon charges per transaction.
A conversion rate of 0.20% means that 20 out of every 100 visitors clicked on your affiliate link and made a purchase. This is a very low conversion rate. You should try to increase this by improving your content or increasing your traffic.
Related:Affiliate Link Facebook
- Amazon is an ecommerce site. Affiliates don’t need to sell people on buying products from the website. They simply share links to products sold by Amazon.
- There are many products to advertise, but there’s no lack of them. There are over 3 billion items for sale on Amazon, plus services like Prime Video.
- There’s no shortage to promote via affiliate links, including products beyond those you link to. You earn income from products besides those you link to.
- When you drive traffic to Amazon via an Amazon affiliate link, and that visitor buys something, you get a percentage off anything they buy within 24 hours.
- Because Amazon is skilled at conversion, it’s likely that a visitor will add multiple items to the cart.
How Much Does The Amazon Affiliate Program Pay?
Associates earn commissions by creating unique product links and promoting them on their website.
Associates earn commissions by placing links in blogs or other parts of their websites. Once someone clicks the links, they make purchases, and the associates earn commissions.
You can earn, on average $100 to $20K from the Amazon affiliate program, depending on how much traffic you drive to Amazon.com.
The Amazon affiliate program operates on a commission-based system, meaning you’ll make a percentage per sale, but the commission rate varies depending on the product category (e.g. automotive blogging earns 4.5%, while selling 3 car parts earns 1%).